Who am I
My name is Ana Kutija. By profession, I am a nurse, a sports medicine manual therapist, a certified PNEI therapist and a professional sports recreation trainer with an emphasis on the implementation of therapy in everyday life.
I am a teacher of several styles of yoga, as well as a lecturer and educator of Yoga Basics, Therapeutic Yoga and Hatha Yoga. I regularly hold workshops such as: Correct standing and sitting, Correct walking, Correct breathing, Biomechanics of basic asanas and their alignment, Restorative yoga and Yoga with props.
I am a member of the board of the Croatian Association for Yoga, as part of which I organize conferences (Yoga and mental health, Yoga and women's health), I organize a volunteering project - Yoga in the Zagreb Diabetic Society, I am participating in a volunteering project - teaching pre-operative oncology patients techniques based on yoga to reduce stress, improve lung ventilation and make it easier to fall asleep
I regularly lead Yoga Nidra and guided sound meditations, relaxation and visualization techniques along with weekly yoga classes. In addition to all that, I am further training at the Iyengar Yoga Teacher School in Slovenia.
I am at your service with over 25 years of work experience, including more than 15 years of experience working with professional athletes, numerous years of experience working with managers in stress management and mental training programs.
I have many years of experience working with managers on wellness and stress management programs and many years of experience working in yoga with patients with cancer, multiple sclerosis, depression, postural and spine problems.
I also have many years of experience as a pilates and corrective gymnastics instructor and many years of experience working with patients.
With the program of guided meditations, I collaborated with the women's water polo team, on the project Abstraction through meditation at the School of Painting and Drawing Atelier Sellier, and I collaborate with certified dental therapists on guided meditations with Gong. I actively and frequently attend lectures at the Brain Institute, the Sports Physiology Section, and participate in international conventions and scientific-professional conferences.
In my free time, I make various ceramic objects, travel, enjoy food and wine, and continuously study and research.
I look forward to helping you restore your psychophysical health!
- School for nurses - general course (passed professional exam and license to work independently)
- Sports-medical massage and therapy (master's degree)
- Faculty of Kinesiology - Professional study for the training of trainers (sports recreation)
Education in the field of massage and therapy:
- PNEI - psychoneuroendocrinology, clinical medicine (Orlando polyclinic)
- Emmett technique (Emmett Croatia)
- NKT - NeuroKinetic Therapy Level 1
- SEAS - Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis
- Basics of knowing X-rays in physiotherapy
- Yumeiho – Japanese manual therapy
- MFR - Myofascial release therapy, special manual rehabilitation technique (HUOS)
- Tok Sen-Chi Nei Tsang III (Universal Healing Tao Master School, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- Thai Massage (Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai)
- Functional and Cross friction massage (Ccombaj Therapy)
- Cupping Therapy (Ccombaj Therapy)
- Manual techniques in training - Trigger points, manipulation of the shoulder joint, acupressure (Physculture)
- Postural diagnostics and rehabilitation - neck and shoulder girdle (Vertebrae)
- Postural diagnostics and rehabilitation - trunk and pelvis (Vertebrae)
- Deep tissue massage
- Kinesio taping
- Energy massage along the meridians
Education in the field of kinesiology and sports and recreation programs:
- Medical exercises
- DNS- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (Rehabilitation Prague School)
- Experiential Anatomy BMC
- Medical exercises for the spine
Education in the field of yoga and meditation:
- Iyengar Workshops for Teachers, ongoing (Slovenia)
- Yoga Therapy (EYF, Institute for Yoga and Ayurveda “SUN”)
- YogaPRO Teacher Training – multi-style, (OM yoga)
- Hatha yoga
- Yin yoga
- Functional vinyasa yoga
- Hormonal yoga
- Medical yoga
- Educational seminar on breathing and meditation techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Transcendental Meditation
- Osho's dynamic meditation
- Basics of playing gongs
Education in the field of personal development:
- Mental training for coaches (motivation, focus, emotion management, mindfulness, PMR-progressive muscle relaxation, body scan, relaxation methods, breathing exercises, control methods)
- Stress Management
- TRE® (Trauma Releasing Exercises)
- The Silva Method (BBD – Bicameral Brain Dynamics)
- International Arts Center, Zagreb (drama group)
Intensive Broadway Academy
- Croatian Sign Language, 1st level (Association of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
- Quick reading seminarQuick reading seminar
I actively and frequently attend lectures at the Institute for the Brain, the Sports Physiology Section, and participate in international conventions and scientific-professional conferences (Sports for everyone in the function of improving the quality of life, Physical activity and public health, Professional seminars of healthcare professionals in basketball...), and sports and cosmetics fairs.
Experience in work as a med. nurse, therapist/masseur, educator, organizer and yoga teacher:
- I provide corporate (office) massage in companies: Stožer (advertising agency), Sapun d.o.o., Q agency (software company)
- I conduct corporate (office) yoga in the company: I want health by Ro.Ra.Natura
- I am a teacher and educator at the YogaPRO school, I teach Basics of Yoga, Therapeutic Yoga, Hatha Yoga and hold Restorative Yoga and yoga with props workshops, and regularly lead Yoga Nidra and guided sound aroma meditation, relaxation and visualization techniques along with weekly classes of classic Hatha yoga and Basics of yoga.
- 4 seasons on yachts, Lady Gita, Navilux, Freedom and Agape Rose as a professional therapist and instructor
- I am the organizer of yoga retreats: in Gorski Kotar, Bali and the latest project: yoga retreats during the summer that combine two wonderful disciplines - yoga and sailing.
- I am the co-organizer of the Iyengar yoga workshop in Zagreb (Paulina Stroz, Carole Baillargeon)
- Participated in the project (as a yoga leader) of a doctoral dissertation entitled: "The influence of high and moderate intensity physical exercise on the reduction of subcutaneous fat and visceral fat in women".
- I have collaborated with numerous athletes as their official sports therapist and masseur, and at exchanges, tournaments and competitions. As an external associate, I also implemented a Yoga program for athletes in some clubs.
- With the program of guided meditations, I collaborated with the women's water polo team, on the project Abstraction through Meditation at the Atelier Sellier School of Painting and Drawing, and I collaborate with certified dental therapists Zoran and Karmen on guided meditations with the Gong.
- As nurse, I worked at KB "Sveti Duh" (surgery), DZ "Novi Zagreb", Health Care Institutions ("Zorica", "Domnius", "Čorluka"), Polyclinic Orlando, Private Neurology Practice of Dr. Maja Roja Novak
Croatian clubs with which I worked and collaborated:
- Swimming club Medveščak
- Swimming club Dubrava
- Croatian women's basketball team
- Handball club Lokomotiva
- ZPK water polo club
- Croatian women's water polo representation
- Bowling club: Zagreb-Zaboky
- Athletes from individual sports - tennis, running, cycling, Jiujitsu...
Foreign athletes who received massages and therapies:
- Nathan Adrian – Olympic gold medalist in swimming
- G.R. L. Bovell – Olympic bronze medalist in swimmingRandall Bal – World record holder in the 50-meter backstroke
- Darren Mew – Olympic swimmer
- Mark Foster – The most successful British swimmer of all time
By working on myself through many workshops for personal development, following a holistic approach, I created a unique treatment concept. Combining several techniques of massage, therapy and exercise and emphasizing the importance of the psychological aspect, I completed the treatments with meditation methods and breathing techniques.
- Work with the homeless in the City of Zagreb Library
- Volunteering in the "Smell of Memories" project, kindergarten visit to nursing home, therapeutic painting and flower planting
- Organizing an exhibition, collecting funds for the homeless
- Help with therapeutic riding and horse care - Don Quixote
- Project Pepperthon (fundraising for Noah's Ark) – yoga marathon
- Velvethon project (fundraising for Noah's Ark) - massage marathon
- Organization of a humanitarian sales exhibition of ceramics for the homeless From the heart - With love
- Organization of a humanitarian exhibition of ceramics for the Association for the Protection and Promotion of Animal Rights RINA